Are you conscious about smiling in your pictures because you’ve missing teeth? You’re planning to opt for dental implants to have a perfect smile and boost your confidence. If yes, then “How long do dental implants last” is the question that might be hitting your mind.
Because of their unparalleled longevity, many patients choose dental implants over other treatments for missing or lost teeth, such as dental bridges, dentures, and crowns. Once they are in place, dental implants can last for decades, making them one of the most durable and long-lasting tooth replacement options available.
Dental implants are a perfect choice if you’re looking for a solution that will give you a beautiful, natural-looking smile for years to come. Read on to solve your query of “How long do dental implants last”. We’ve also covered the advantages of dental implants, and why they are the ideal treatment option for anyone who wants to improve their oral health and boost their self-confidence.
How Long Do Dental Implants Last – Insights About Dental Implants
Dental implants are highly recommended for replacing missing teeth by numerous dental professionals. Their exceptional durability and longevity can be attributed to several factors:
- The titanium or zirconia post of the implant is surgically inserted into the patient’s jawbone, which acts as the new tooth’s root and provides a strong and stable foundation for the rest of the implant.
- The abutment is fastened to the implant and serves as a connector that securely holds the crown.
- Finally, the crown, a false ceramic tooth, is mounted on top of the abutment to provide a natural tooth’s look and function.
Longevity of Dental Implants
When you’re going to have dental implants, the primary question that comes into your mind is, “how long do dental implants last”? According to dental professionals, if taken care of properly, your dental implants can last for more than a decade before replacement becomes necessary.
However, with proper care, the lifespan of dental implants can be extended even further with proper care.
Factors Affecting the Lifespan of Dental Implant
Are you tired of constantly replacing missing teeth with temporary solutions? Dental implants can be the perfect solution for you. Not only are they a popular and effective tooth replacement option, but they’re also designed to last a lifetime with proper care.
The implant is a small titanium or zirconia post that is surgically placed into the patient’s jawbone, acting as the new tooth’s root. The abutment is then attached to the implant to hold the ceramic crown, which provides the appearance and function of a natural tooth.
While the exact lifespan of dental implants is still being determined, advancements and innovations in dental implant technology have made them a much more commonplace procedure. Many implants placed since the mid-2000s are still in use today, and they have been shown to last for over a decade before replacement is necessary.
However, factors like lifestyle choices, such as smoking or using tobacco products, significantly impact how long do dental implants last.
Chronic health issues like diabetes or lupus can also create inflammation in the body, affecting implant success. Additionally, advanced gum disease, teeth as smoking, and insufficient bone density can all affect how long do dental implants last.
Proper implant placement is also critical for implant longevity. Choosing an experienced implant surgeon can improve the chances of the implants lasting for as long as possible.
If dental implants are the right choice for you, be sure to follow all aftercare instructions and schedule regular checkups to maintain the health and longevity of your new smile. With the right care and maintenance, dental implants can provide a long-lasting and natural-looking solution for missing teeth, so you can enjoy a healthy, confident smile for years to come!
Are There Any Chances of Dental Implants Failure?
How long do tooth implants last depends upon the biological process of the human body. It is dependent on body’s ability to accept treatment and for the implant to form a solid bond with the surrounding bone. If this doesn’t happen, failure is imminent. Remember that no surgical treatment works 100% of the time for 100% of people.
The chances of implants failure fall in the range of 5-10%. On the other hand, it means that the success rate of implants is 90-95%.
Reasons for Investing Your Money
While it’s true that dental implants cost more than traditional dentures, there are several reasons why they are worth the investment of your time and money, including-
- Durability: Dental implants are made from precisely-machined titanium, making them highly biocompatible, durable, and long-lasting.
- Convenience: Traditional dentures, whether full or partial, can slide occasionally and become a nuisance to wear. Improperly fitted dentures can lead to various pains in your body, such as neck pain, shoulder pain, and headaches. Because implants are anchored within the jaw, they do not move and help secure the restorations they support, eliminating the need to use messy adhesives.
- Enhanced Appearance and Smile: Implants look and feel like one’s own natural teeth. Because of their long life span, they help restore and maintain your confidence in social situations.
- Improved Speech: If dentures do not fit properly, they can loosen and slip inside the mouth, causing the wearer to speak inarticulately or to struggle with a lisp. Since dental implants are permanent, they secure the replacement teeth and allow the wearer to communicate without a slur.
- Improved Chewing Ability: Loose dentures can make it difficult to chew and properly break down your food. Like your teeth, implants enable you to eat various nutritious, difficult-to-chew foods without pain or inconvenience.
Experience the Difference of High-Quality Dental Implants with Minneapolis Dental
We’ve tried to answer, “How long do Dental Implants last”? Implants are considered the most reliable and long-lasting treatment option for missing teeth treatment.
If you’re searching for a solution to a missing tooth in Minneapolis, MN. Then you might visit Minneapolis Dental, located at 150 South 5th Street, Ste 1475, Minneapolis, MN 55402. Contact us by filling out the Patient Information Form; you can book an appointment by calling us at +16123321255. You can also write to us @firstname.lastname@example.org.